<meta name='google-adsense-platform-account' content='ca-host-pub-1556223355139109'/> <meta name='google-adsense-platform-domain' content='blogspot.com'/> <!-- --><style type="text/css">@import url(https://www.blogger.com/static/v1/v-css/navbar/3334278262-classic.css); div.b-mobile {display:none;} </style> </head><body bgcolor="#ffffff"><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/1613924391420927052?origin\x3dhttp://edmundkwek-junwei.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>
SPSP LTC @ Perak
Thursday, June 19, 2008

Finally back to S'pore from Perak LTC... Yay...! Damn missed my S'pore friends la, e.g. Polly, Chris, Siti, DAC08(we'll see each other soon, real soon)... Ok enough of mushy stuffs, time to share about the camp... Damn fun la... 1st time a camp was so relaxed and fun... Hahaz... LTC stands for Leaders of Tomorrow Camp by the way... Hahaz...


Grp 1: Alpheus, God of Rivers(MY GROUP...!)
Grp 2: Pegasus
Grp 3: Artemis
Grp 4: Poseidon(had a lot of issues over the pronunciation of this word... Lolz...)
Stay: Kelompang Resort(Room was spacious, toilet was clean, rooms had fans and air-con BUT mine didn't have... =(( There was also a small TV... Beds were clean... Yeah so for a camp it really is a wonderful condition... Hahaz...)

People: All the scholars were great... Bonding was fast and we really supported each other la... Oh and I'm the founder of AGC, a sub-com of CCC, which is an ally with 5 stones... Together forming the Holy Trinity,,, Not the church ar... Hahaz... =)) Wanna know what all the initials stand for...? Look for me in private hahaz...

Ok let's start... Pics will be uploaded in the next entry as I'm too lazy & tired to do it now... I'll only upload some and not all... I have like over 700 photos in just 4D3N...? Hahaz... Take from others as well la... My camera battery didn't really last and I didn't bring the charger...

DAY 1
0645- We all gathered at the SAA athough some were late but none was as late as Mr. Poh JiaHui(from YTSS as well, shocking news, he was the Attendance IC as well)... Took some pics before departure and also carried some stuffs(mineral water, boxes with items for our games and so on and so forth...)
1000- Can't remember exactly the time of our breakfast... But definitely not at the stipulated time... Well JiaHui was late and also there was some form of jam at the immigration cehckpoint... Hahaz... Oh ya @ the checkpoint I pressed my thumbprint so many times I though cannot pass sia scare me like hell... Lolz...
1300- I think lunch was around this time...? Lolz... Not at the expected time... Well they told us beforehand we had to "expect the unexpected"... But didn't know it applied in this context as well...
1600- We reached the resort at around this time... Some briefing and welcome message... Oh man I don't understand malay and some of the english of the locals... We were then all assigned room, mine was Layang square 1... Put all the bags down, changed into our swimwear, chose our beds, did whatever we wanted to and proceeded to the next acivity...
1700- Hmm well the briefing and message took some time so ya,,, We went to the river next to the resort that was rather fast-flowing(strong current, better put the word lest some of them call me bimbo, shall explain later)...
1730- We had to come out of the river and wash up for our dinner... We were all having so much fun...! Even Mdm Siti who said she didn't want to get wet was wet thoroughly... Hahaz... Who said scholars are bookworms...?!
1800- Dinner time.,.. Nothing much special... Just sat downand chatted while eating... Dinner style is own time own target, can eat can also don't eat... We were all given 1 hour to eat... Hahaz... The food is not "sai" food... Is really not bad lo for a village... Hahaz... Drinks were great as well... Not diluted... Is this a camp man...? My thought on the 1st day...
1900- Think is this time ba we had all our gel time activities & Ice-breakers... Georgiana was like so keen in her catching la... Hahaz... Lame lo... We played a game called "Hot Stuff" where every group had to stand outside a rectangle, and using raffia strings and a rubber band, and bring a pail of solution to the nuclear station to save the villagers... Hahaz... None of our body parts can be in the rectangle, not even floating...! Or else we become mutated and out of the game... The challenging part was that we couldn't open our mouth to communicate... Wth...? Damn hard can...? But we did it... Yay Alpheus Alpheus on the go man... We even cheered in without opening our mouth... Hahaz... Actually before the games, we had some games from the locals or rather trainers themselves... Weird games... Esp. 1 particular that majority didn't know what was happening, "Remote Control"... We played the helium stick game as well... Think all those who chiong camps will know la... Some play with straws also... Lolz... There was a snake talk... A green small snake and also a dead snake they caught... Think is because it ate a poisonous toad... Lolz... Stupid snake... Hahaz... Ok that's mean...
2200- We had supper... Wanted to eat Ramly but close liao so ate what they provided... Sardine sandwich with tomato and cucumber... Afterwhich we chatted and what AiZat would say is bitching till 1+am then we all went to sleep... No TV to watch also... All the channels not subscribed... Only got those radio stations... Think my bunk is the worse of the rest...? Even the toilet flush wasn't working properly... Oh ya during the camp we picked up a new culture, that is to use water instead of toilet papers as the toilet may get clogged...

DAY 2
0630- This was the time everyone in my bunk was supposed to wake up but no one did... Well we slept at around 1+ sia what'd you expect...? A bunch of hyper kids...? Nahz... Lendl(a guy who was in my group and was the logistics IC but got transferred to group 2 as some Scholars were absent) woke up at
0645 thanks to his handphone alarm... Ironically, he told me the night before I'll have a hard time waking him up and he'll snore damn loud... Lolz...
0700- Ok... 1 hour OTOT breakfast... Sandwiches of which you can choose what you wanna put, I chose sardine AGAIN... There were corn flakes cereal too with milk... Hahaz...
0800- We set off on the bus to the Kelompang Forest reached like around near 0900...? Can't remember too clearly...
0900- We were all trekking and crossing rivers... It was not very tough but we had to watch our way still as there were narrow paths and steep slopes... Hahaz... Mr Helmi sprained his ankle when he jumped down... He too playful la... Me & AiZat(Camera IC) had to like protect Princess Amanda(Attendance IC) from all the flying bugs and insects... SHe'll freak out at the sight of them, and trust me I really mean FREAK OUT...! Lolz... However, there were great teamwork in my group, we really watch out for all our mates yea man...! Rock on Alpheus... Around 12+pm we reached the waterfall... The view was all worth it... Trust me it was magnificent... I really loved it... All the slips, sweat, bruises/abrasions, blood(if any) were worth it... Hahaz... We went for a dip AGAIN... Expected right...? Lolz... AFter awhile we all started jumping down from a tall rock into the "pool"... It's deep, I couldn't feel my legs... Think I tried like 4 times...? Damn fun la... Lolz... When the time was up we had to start trekking back and crossing the same rivers again... I think we crossed 6 rivers, of which 1 had a bridge... The rivers were up to our waist and the current was rapid... I slipped twice on the rock as they were f****** slippery...When we finally got back to our starting point we took a short rest and continued to our destination for lunch... The path to get there was horrendous... On the left is a very steep slope and in front of me the path was going down and was seemed unstable... For someone who was so scared of heights it was a challenge... Lolz...
1330- Think this is the time we had our lunch... Not too bad as well... Rice with chicken wings and veggie... There was a packet of lemon tea but everyone said it wasn't nice so I didn't even bother to try... We had our lunch in the middle of a forest with all the mossies, flies and ants... Omfg...

1430- Ok now time for another activity... We had like 4 stations, namely 1)Animal Adventure; 2)Flying Fox; 3)River crossing & 4)Outdoor Cooking... Gotta go through them 1-by-1... Animal adventure is just about introducing us to the different wildlifes and what we should do out there in the wild... Like for snakes don't over-react and don't agitate them... They can be said to be "friendly" creatures IN A SENSE... Lolz... One of the trainer, Mr Zul I think suddenly told us to keep quiet during the sharing and he went off into the woods where we went previously... He "battled" and caught a live python... Yea man I get to see a live show... So lucky...! Lucky also as in we left the place early if not Hehehehe... Lolz... The python was wild and violent... He showed us the teeth and the skin... It had a blue glow under sunlight... Although python aren't venomous they can kill as they like to squeeze their prey real hard... After that we moved to the flying fox cum river crossing... Mr Amir give us a short briefing on the safety gears and the 4 girls in my group went first followed by the remaining 4 boys... Limited gears, bo bian... Lolz... Flying fox was cool la... Damn shiok my 1st try... Missed the chance in Sec 3 camp due to time constraints... Straight after the flying fox is a river crossing, not very deep nor long... Just had to hang onto the rope and crossed it... Afterwhich we went for ANOTHER DIP... Man, this camp is freaking wet... Lolz... we had a hold your breath underwater competition... Me & AiZat like cheated and Marcus either didn't know or he didn't bother... He's good by the way... We cheated by going down into the water only after we sae him coming up... Lolz... Smart right...? I know it's all AiZat's idea... Lastly, we had outdoor cooking... We had to cook dough and a hard-boiled egg... The egg is placed inside a bamboo... It was freaking hard to start the fire and I had member who thought by just putting the dough onto the stick nicely she was doing a gre8 job... Wtf... And she didn't even know how to light a matchstick... She was amazed when she lighted 1... Lame... Oh well the fire wasn't easy to start... Had to be very careful and kept on blowing... My team had 2 gre8 blowers, Amanda & Marcus... So now you guys know who to look for when you need a blow... Lolz... Due to time constraints, we had to stop cooking but the egg was nearly done and also the dough was cooked halfway...
1800- This is the time we left the place approximately and sat on the bus...
1900- Our dinner as usual... Lolz...
2000- This is our gel time again... We played water tower, which is to use newspaper and strings to build a tower to support 2 water bottles... Team 2 & 3's tower didn't last and fell... Team 4's fell only at the very last minute so ... my team wins... Yay... Hip Hip Hurray... But but but the other teams did pretty well no one gave up... SPSP is a family who cares about winning... =)) The locals had games for us to play as well, something about standing on and in the tyre for a certain amoun t of time... My team and team 4 were the last 2 but we lost in the end... But good try Alpheus...! =)) And well done poseidon... Think we played some singing of a "I have a friend, Gorilla" something like that and we had to dance... Hahaz... =)) Yes I danced... We also had our debrief at the end of all the activities...
2200- Supper... Sandwiches again... In fact tomorrow around the same...
2300- Supposed to be sleeping but Bunk 1 guys went over to Bunk 2 to watch some TV and also blow air-con(yes very direct translation from Chinese I know)... Lolz... Around 12+ near 1 we went back and went to sleep... Apparently AiZat woke up @ 0245 to watch the Euro match of I forgot le... Never a soccer fan... I know is 2 games played simultaneously...

DAY 3
0620- I woke up around this time and just went back for a short 10 mins nap then went to brush my teeth... Only woke them up @ around near 7 I think... Lolz... Maybe 0640 like that...
0700- Breakfast was this time and only had like 30 mins as we needed to leave for Sungei Slim for our rafting on time... Yay... The main attraction of the camp...
0730- We boarded the bus and departed for Sungei Slim... Took a nap again... Lack of sleep bo bian... Hahaz...
0830- We reached the place by this time I think... Not very sure... Lolz.. Had to choose our paddle, helmet & Personal Floating Device(PFD) or on other words Lifejackets... Lolz... Oh ya we had a bumoy ride before we reached the place... The bus could only drop us somewhere at the hot spring, some took lorry(I took this), some jeep or van to go through the bumpy ride... Hahaz... Feels like roller coaster... Before we begin the rafting we spent like 30-45 mins listening to a trainer to his safety briefing... Damn boring can... My friend, AiZat even got stung by a bee and some of us were like falling asleep... Yawns thinking of it makes me sleepy... Lolz... =O I rafted with Mr Helmi, Nisha & Steph... Yea man gre8 team... We didn't capsized, not even @ the rather deep fall... Lolz... So glad... Everyone fell into the river once except me... Hahaz... Maybe I'm blessed...? But it would be cool to go down for an experience... Same goes for capsizing... I mean we went for experience so might as well try everything la... But hahaz Mr Helmi say "WE SHALL NOT CAPSIZE...!"...
1200- This was the time we had a short break and some drinks and snacks... Aftewhich we continued the journey down the river... About the rafting I'll upload more pics to share next time than just type it out...
1430- We had our lunch @ the Orang Asli village... The curry was damn nice la... I had 2 servings and I ate their fried bun which was nice as well... Yummy... =P We had to like walk to the village you know and it was raining, super duper cold la... My goodness... Walk walk walk then lost our way le then quickly backtrack and the van came for us... We boarded it but the poor lecturers had to go on foot... Feel damn bad, they're nice man... =))
1530- After lunch was games with them... Some dancing which I was at a lost... Hahaz... Some tried to lean how to play the beat... They arranged a blowpipe game for us... Not everyone tried, it was fun... I only managed to blow the f****** dart out only on my 4t try...? My my I suck @ blowing la... Lolz... So I should wait to get blowed... Oh man sounds so wrong la... Hahaz... Jkjk... It was still raining all the while until when we were about to set off to their fields for a friendly soccer match, it turned into a drizzle... Hahaz... But still damn cold... =(( While some of the guys were playing I and the rest were chit-chatting and "cheering" for them and having some snacks as well... Haiz... Soccer's nv my type of game... Well the match didn't really last long... SP lost with a 6-Nil score... Hahaz... We should really just stick to studying... After soccer we headed back to the hot spring to have our dinner...
1800- Think around here ba our dinner... Apparently the lightning during th rain had interrupted the electricity and water supply... Lolz... So everyone waited till back to resort to bath... I was like stinking so went ahead and bath... Water still not so bad la the lecturers say what later bath no water wash off shampoo... Lolz...
2015- Got back to resort around this time after all those fun... Hahaz... No time for gel time and debrief... Had to chop chop bath then go for the camp fire le...
2100- CAMP FIRE...! YAY...! MY 2ND CAMP FIRE... 1ST WAS SPSU... Hahaz... Nobody really knew any camp songz so we just sang the gorilla song AGAIN... And see the same old people dance again... Lolz... Oh well Mr Amir suggested it...
2200- Went to take supper and had it around the camp fire and also discussed about the performance we were supposed to do... Hahaz... My grp did the Banana Dance... Added so many weird things in e.g. Shafiq Banana; Abigail Banana... Lolz... After all the performance we all went sang another song suggested by Mr Amir AGAIN... Lolz... I don't know the lyrics so I just clapped and yay at the right time lo... Monkey see Monkey do lo... Hahaz... Mr Amir wrote the lyrics on the Journal but I handed the Journal up without typing it into my lappy... Haiz... But it's a nice song... Hahaz... =))
2300- Camp fire ended around this time and everone, ok not everyone, departed to do the photo montage... Lolz... I was supposed to do it but ended up letting Amanda do it... Thx Amanda...; =)) Initially we were like should we do grp by grp or just do 1 for everyone... obviously the latter choice was more economical and we left JunXian, Amanda & Sue-Ann did it... Sorry if I left any names of any helpers out... Well ad for me, feel dman guilty... Hahaz... Was like chit-chatting with Holy Trinity THE WHOLE NIGHT...! Hahaz... Chatted from the burger restaurant to my bunk... All slept around 0530... Hahaz... Dun wry the gals & guys slept on different beds... We only shared bed with those of OUR GENDER... *winks* What we talked about shall be P&C... Look for me if you wanna know to all the Kpos out there... =))

DAY 4
0830- I woke up around this time... Well the gals all left around 0630, some(those sleepy ones) left @ 0700, I think so la... i was half sleeping half awake... =)) Didn't have time for breakfast so skipped it... I went over to the hall to see how the montage gang was doing... Sue-Ann was alrdy awake STILL doing the montage... Hahaz... Thank goodness I packed my bag last night so when I woke up today didn't really have much to do... Just slack in the hall... =))
0900- The time where we all did the debrief and sharing which we missed out... Hahaz... Nothing much de la... There eas also a sharing session with group members on our feelings and etc. I wasn't there with my grp as was doing some PC stuffs... Needed to transfer photos and songs and blah blah blah... Lolz... After the sharing 1 member was sent up to share with everyone what the group felt and for my group we had a Thank You section as well... Hahaz... Gerogiana came over and told me to think of a thank you speech and she'll read out... Hahaz... Her sharing took the longest la I think... A naggy woman... Lolz...!
1015- We had the photo montage by the trainers and facilitators... It was all our rafting pics... Hahaz... After them was us...!1100- LUNCH...! Why I put caps is because after lunch is HOME SWEET HOME... Nothing special during lunch just that it wasn't so nice... Didn't finish it...
1200- Put our things onto the bus, boarded it, did a head count and off we go... Awww so sad... =(( But I'll not miss everyone as they're always in my heart... =)) Hehe...

Things are just so funny... I miss SG when I was in Perak but miss Perak when I'm back... Hahaz... But SG still the best as all my memories and friends are here...! Oh well... Tired le... Long post... Still got CYA training... Lolz... =)) Oh and Scholars please give me & Jolynn a break...! Lolz... Haiz... I very shy de lo...




EddyBoy is Gone...
10:16 PM


About Me


Name: Kwek Jun Wei EDMUND
Age: 18 @ last:))
Gender: Male
1st Cry: 20/11/1990
MSN: edmund_god@hotmail.com
Horoscope: Scorpio

~Determined and forceful
Emotional and intuitive
Powerful and passionate
Exciting and magnetic


On the dark side....

Jealous and resentful
Compulsive and obsessive
Secretive and obstinate~


Everyone think I'm a CHEERFUL boy... But how many know about the SORROWS I hid deep in my heart...?
You can also view me @ Kwek Jun Wei Edmund's Facebook profile Thanks for visiting.


Wants


IPhone/ Ipod Touch
BurBerry Shirt
Pair of Oakley Sunglasses
CK Eyewear (with/without Transitions)
CK Bag
CK Boxers
LAB Series Facial Wash (Bought)
MenScience Body Buff (No longer for sale)
Nice shorts
Cardigan


Hates


Dao Kia
Quiet
Pretenders/"Actors"
Studying
Being forced to do things
Enemies(It's hardto Love them)
PangSeh Kias
Ingrates
Insects/Pests that FLIES



Loves


Family
Friends:
Soh LeeTeng a.k.a Polly(Gre8 friend) =))
Rosental Goh a.k.a PowerPuff(while I'm Curry Puff? Lolz...) =))
Ooi SzeJin(Good God-Sis)
April Tan(Good God-Sis)
5n2 Titans
DAC08
SP CYA
Iffa Haziqah, Shmitha, Shalini, Prabs, Anthony etc.(For being gre8 friends & classmates) Chen ShiKuan(Good Friend)
Phua JiaQiang(Good Friend)
Pearlyn Koh(Good Friend)
Tan SinEe(Good Friend)
Yuen WeiLin (Good Friend)
Barry a.k.a. Bboyz(Childhood Friend) =))
QiaoYun & Paxson(Gre8 neighbours & Friends)
& Of course many other more that knows me...

Sleeping & Eating(Justified by my SIZE)
Chatting
Swimming



Other Links


Siti Suhaina
April Tan
Ooi SzeJin
Zac Zac
Sheena
Iffa Haziqah
JinnChyau
Victor Lin
Daryl
Kathlyn
Wong HuiYun
Shalini
Koh SooKuan
Janessa
Jonathan
Pearlyn
Rosental
Polly Soh LeeTeng
XueTing
Suraizah
Jolynn
ShiKuan's BlogShop


Archives


May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
February 2009
March 2009
April 2009
May 2009
June 2009
July 2009


Tagboard





Music



Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones




Game(s)

Test your Response time!

Click on "Start" first, and wait until the background color changes. As soon as it changes, hit "stop!"

Free DHTML scripts provided by
Dynamic Drive



Credits

Designer - LiTtL3 aH mA
Hoster - Photobucket
Brushes - All brushes creator
Softwares - Photoshop CS3