<meta name='google-adsense-platform-account' content='ca-host-pub-1556223355139109'/> <meta name='google-adsense-platform-domain' content='blogspot.com'/> <!-- --><style type="text/css">@import url(https://www.blogger.com/static/v1/v-css/navbar/3334278262-classic.css); div.b-mobile {display:none;} </style> </head><body bgcolor="#ffffff"><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/1613924391420927052?origin\x3dhttp://edmundkwek-junwei.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>
Life...
Saturday, July 5, 2008

Ok... While waiting for my aunt to call my mum for breakfast and also swimming with Mr Chen @ 1000hrs, I have some random things to post about LIFE... Hahaz... Was talking to my sister last night till I think 1am...? Yes, we are very good siblings, hahaz.... She's not tired and so am I not... Anyway, we were talking about making choices... While we were talking, there were news on a gal who were in debts of $10000+, and an NS Men who died in the course of training...

First, about making choices... I know of a friend who made a wrong decision in his/her life and is now suffering... At the point of JAE, he/she wanted to go into maritime studies, it has been his/her aspiration... He/she always loved the sea, and always aimed for that course... I didn't know much about that course, but I do know it is of vital importance that you choose something you like(that's why I'm in Accountancy)... Well, apparently his/her 'O's didn't quite make it so he/she was upset... However, God gave him/her some hope, the Singapore Maritime Forces had an offer at that time; SMF would sponsor students for their course of studies in Singapore Maritime Academy(SMA) and upon graduation there will be a 3-year bond with SMF... Lolz... Is it even called SMF...? Nevermind so long you guys know wth I blabbering... That offer was obviously whrth taking up, or try taking up if there're gonna be rounds of interviews(not very sure as I was indifferent to the letter, SAF sent out a similiar one anyway)... But he/she didn't take up the offer, in fact he/she showed great interest in the offer... What worries him/her is the 3-year bond and when his/her mother challenged her and said, "It's best not to take because then when you come out you're not bonded to them, I don't want you to graduate then don't want to work for the marine then must pay the money for breaking bond,"(or something similiar)... My question here is if you're sure of what you really want then DO IT...! Don't be afraid of being challenged, my mother challenged me(but not so of a challenge) before why I didn't choose JC but I had my grounds and stand firmly on them... If you're interested in marine stuffs, then when you graduate what are job prospects...? Most likely for SMF...? If not MPA or SembCorp... Not much right.... Omg... Now he/she is doing a course he/she totally dislikes, he/she is either a marine person if not more of the service line... Now he/she is doing things to do with mechanical stuffs... No link right... She's not only unsure of her road ahead but also suffer from the consequences of low self-confidence... Haiz... If only he/she was confident about his/her choice and tried his/her utmost to convince her mum or even defy her to fufil his/her dream... The next exams is up soon... Wonder how he/she is gonna handle it... My sister is worried that such a person will suffer from DEPRESSION...! And asked me to keep a lookout for such a friend... Hahaz... Of course I will... =))

Ok... Off to the next discussion... The gal who's in debts at such a young age... I think around my age ba... Makes you wonder about and worry for the future generation... It's totally unacceptable... Although I myself am a brand-conscious person and chases after branded goods, but I don't do it like her... Ok the reason to her bankruptcy is because she uses her Credit Card, which I think her parents signed for her not very sure about this, to buy all those branded prodcuts like Gucci, Guess(she was wearing the bracelet all the while during the filming, I think), etc... Hahaz... Looks cool and yea loaded... But think again... Cool...? Not so... Bankrupt at the age of 18 is like omfg... Her future is ruined... She need to declare that she was once bankrupt when she applies for her job... You know all those standard qns la; been to jail before etc... Especially for ACCOUNTANTS/AUDITORS, we cannot be delcared bankrupt or else pur career will be DRASTICALLY AFFECTED... You can't even manage your $$$, how can your employer trust the company's $$$ to you...? Ok back to topic... For me, I believe that buying branded products is ok... Just do it in moderation, we're just students with not much personal income... even if we do, we should save them up for future usage when we're out into the business world... Where $$$ becomes so important and we're all independent... Branded stuffs is all about reflecting status, maybe just 1 or 2 in your closet as a form of pampering is ok... If not go for branded stuffs that are relatively cheaper, e.g. Adidas, NUM(will be blogging about this brand soon), Levi's... Don't go for brands like Louis Vuitton, Armani etc... Lolz... Unless you're a rich man's kid then buy all you want... But I have a saying, even if you're wealthy you shldn't squander it away... =)) Because of such a news I decided I should have a Credit Card and also start svaing more and spending lesser... The only branded stuff that I want now is a ralph Lauren shirt... Lolz... Oh ya there were interviews done in Orchard Road, asking people what is the most expensive thing on them now... The one I remembered most vividly is watches... A lady said 10K+ for a watch, Rolex lo... A man said 3k+, TagHeuer I think... My goodness... I mean unless it's limited edition and I'm earning big bucks I'll never buy it... Rolex IS A NEVER, as of now la... Hahaz...


Ok last sharing... About the NS men who died during training, NS actually gave him a grand funeral and confer some title and give some compensation I think...? Well, nonsense I would say... The fellow has already died... what's the point with all this title and grand funeral and compensation, nothing changes... HE'S STILL DEAD... I realize people who die in the course of duty are all honoured and given grand funeral, he's not the 1st guy who got it... I think the very 1st I remembered was a Navy/Pilot... Forgot le... Bad memory... Having said this... It would be even worse if the government does nothing... So ya... Better do something although nothing gets changed, but the NS's face is salvaged... Now people will all think, "wah die during NS good hor, got like that one... Govt still not bad sia..."... Ya right... I'd rather get past my NS and spare me all this bullshit, I don't need a grand funeral I want a grand life... My family don't need the $$$ they need me... =)) Oh yes and after such things keep happening, there has been some form of changes to the health inspection... Well I wasn't paying attention as I was chatting with my sister... But but but, it seems the govt is taking this VERY SERIOUSLY... No wonder the male population is droppping... All die at NS, so mums rather give births to gals... Lolz... But NS do need to look into their training; is it too rigoroius and demanding...? Training up a man need not be demanding and rigorous... Doesn't mean I can chiongsua well adn take scoldings means I'm a true man... What the govt wnats ultimately is a group of NS men that are patriotic and willing to serve the nation anytime, not just a bunch of rugged men that can fight well and ya undertake tekans but when time of crisis comes they don't wanna protect Singapore... Is NS able to instill that mindsets into each and every NS boy...? I seriosuly doubt so... Most guys when think of NS is, "Serve and f*** off"... I'll be serving NS in 3 yrs time... Suffering... Boohoo... =(( Oh and actually there are unreported cases of NS boys who die in the course of training as well... Heard from my sis about her friend I think...? Or was it my mum...? Oh man this is bad my brains are deteriorating... Shucks... And exams are like round the corner... Imagine if all is reported... I'll think of this equation; NS=Death... Lolz...

Ok that's all for now... Hahaz... Off for breakfast(kuay chap @ ChongPang), then swim, then dye hair... Yay...! Hahaz...

EddyBoy is Gone...
8:12 AM


About Me


Name: Kwek Jun Wei EDMUND
Age: 18 @ last:))
Gender: Male
1st Cry: 20/11/1990
MSN: edmund_god@hotmail.com
Horoscope: Scorpio

~Determined and forceful
Emotional and intuitive
Powerful and passionate
Exciting and magnetic


On the dark side....

Jealous and resentful
Compulsive and obsessive
Secretive and obstinate~


Everyone think I'm a CHEERFUL boy... But how many know about the SORROWS I hid deep in my heart...?
You can also view me @ Kwek Jun Wei Edmund's Facebook profile Thanks for visiting.


Wants


IPhone/ Ipod Touch
BurBerry Shirt
Pair of Oakley Sunglasses
CK Eyewear (with/without Transitions)
CK Bag
CK Boxers
LAB Series Facial Wash (Bought)
MenScience Body Buff (No longer for sale)
Nice shorts
Cardigan


Hates


Dao Kia
Quiet
Pretenders/"Actors"
Studying
Being forced to do things
Enemies(It's hardto Love them)
PangSeh Kias
Ingrates
Insects/Pests that FLIES



Loves


Family
Friends:
Soh LeeTeng a.k.a Polly(Gre8 friend) =))
Rosental Goh a.k.a PowerPuff(while I'm Curry Puff? Lolz...) =))
Ooi SzeJin(Good God-Sis)
April Tan(Good God-Sis)
5n2 Titans
DAC08
SP CYA
Iffa Haziqah, Shmitha, Shalini, Prabs, Anthony etc.(For being gre8 friends & classmates) Chen ShiKuan(Good Friend)
Phua JiaQiang(Good Friend)
Pearlyn Koh(Good Friend)
Tan SinEe(Good Friend)
Yuen WeiLin (Good Friend)
Barry a.k.a. Bboyz(Childhood Friend) =))
QiaoYun & Paxson(Gre8 neighbours & Friends)
& Of course many other more that knows me...

Sleeping & Eating(Justified by my SIZE)
Chatting
Swimming



Other Links


Siti Suhaina
April Tan
Ooi SzeJin
Zac Zac
Sheena
Iffa Haziqah
JinnChyau
Victor Lin
Daryl
Kathlyn
Wong HuiYun
Shalini
Koh SooKuan
Janessa
Jonathan
Pearlyn
Rosental
Polly Soh LeeTeng
XueTing
Suraizah
Jolynn
ShiKuan's BlogShop


Archives


May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
February 2009
March 2009
April 2009
May 2009
June 2009
July 2009


Tagboard





Music



Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones




Game(s)

Test your Response time!

Click on "Start" first, and wait until the background color changes. As soon as it changes, hit "stop!"

Free DHTML scripts provided by
Dynamic Drive



Credits

Designer - LiTtL3 aH mA
Hoster - Photobucket
Brushes - All brushes creator
Softwares - Photoshop CS3