SYC 2008
Sunday, December 14, 2008
"Because it's Singapore, Singapore,
Our hearts are big and wide you find.
Because it's Singapore, Singapore,
You'll find happiness *ta *ta *ta for everyone..."
I'm sure this songs continue to echo in our head even as we all left RELC... Which marks the end of a unforgettable camp, SunBurts Youth Camp... A camp that creates friendships & bonds from youths across nations... SYC 2208, 7-13 Dec... These days I'll never forget...
"Remember oh remember,
When we have to leave each other.
Remember please remember,
The times we were together.
EVEN THOUGH WE'RE FAR APART I WILL KEEP YOU IN MY HEART I'LL NEVER FORGET,
I'LL STILL REMEMBER..."
This song certainly brought back precious memories for all of us as the Laos delegates sang it on "An Evening with SYC 2008"... I'm not sure how many tears were shed during that evening, but I was definitely part of them as I embraced all my new friends... "Ok this marks the end of SYC 2008", one ACE (like a student helper) I think Zhi Zhan announced, which made me cry harder... Because I know chances of me seeing them are low... Because of SYC I've realized the importnace of spending quality time with all my frends & family members... To always appreciate them and treat them well...
Being just a mere 5-6 days... True friendships were formed... And they'll continue to grow even though we're all separated... E-mails shall be the most convenient way to link all of us up... I'm not gonna be blogging about what we did during the camp like I did for Perak as I found it stupid... I'm just gonna blog about my feelings...
I can still vividly remember how stranger all these foreign delegates were to me... How quiet we were and kept sticking to our own countrymates... But the ice was broken when we went to Outward Bound Singapore(OBS) on Monday... Where we had to play team-building games and build & row a raft... All the fun & excitement totally melt the ice and that was when we all started enjoying each other's company... Of course as we had more activities we made more friends.... Within our allocated groups and also outside...
Why I'm really happy is not because I made new friends but rather because I saw the change in all of us... When we started off talking, some could barely understand me, for example a gal from Kazakhstan called Dana... Her english wasn't good but as time passed by we became really close... Slowly but surely, we understood each other... Look @ the power of friendship... She even wrote me a card... I'm really touched by all this...
All I can ever say the camp has really made a change in my life... Now all I ever wish is to join SYC 2009 and also to be able to see all my foreign friends again... Be it here or even in their country... I don't care I just wanna meet up with them...
It's gonna sound paradoxical to you when I said I actually wanted to leave camp... I was so pissed off by one if the ACE that I just wanted to leave and forget about everything... But I'm glad that I stayed on... Still I regret my decision that I stayed on, for if I didn't stay on I wouldn't be so sad...
*Good times pass by in the blink of the eye, but I'm just happy we met and had fun for these memories shall be the ones I'll share with everyone*
*Some people wait a lifetime for a moment like this* A moment like what I've experienced...
Photos are in albums uploaded in FaceBook... Here's the link to them... =))
SYC 2008
SYC 2008 [1]
SYC 2008 [2]
SYC 2008 [3]EddyBoy is Gone...
4:47 AM